Download & Install
Usage and FAQ
Please help us by providing
ISIS is a free and easy-to-use system for using
Indian scripts in computing, developed by Gautam Sengupta of the Center for Applied Linguistics & Translation Studies, University of Hyderabad.
Instructions for downloading and installing ISIS are available here.
The major advantages of ISIS are:
- It is free
- It is intuitive
- It is easy to learn and use,
e.g. to display क you just type 'k',
to display ख type 'kh' and so on
- Anyone can learn to use it in less than half an hour
- ISIS is not an Indian script-aware word processor. It is a system for using Indian scripts on computers running Windows (2000 or XP) and Linux.
This means that with ISIS you can
using any or all of the major Indian scripts (together, or separately!)
- write emails
- chat (Windows Messenger)
- create documents
- name files and folders
- It uses Unicode, the international standard for character encoding that allows all major
scripts of the world to be displayed and used with equal facility
ISIS supports the following scripts:
- Roman with diacritics for Indic transliteration